Por: 1996celta/rosafermu ( MADRID - España )

miércoles, 24 de abril de 2013

WITH HIS OWN WORDS / CON SUS PROPIAS PALABRAS ( Empire ) N 12


MAMMA MIA (  2008  )

Did you have any idea just how huge Mamma Mia! would be?
None. None whatsoever. I thought it would find an audience, of course – I knew it had an audience and a very strong following before I signed up. I had experienced the mightiness of ABBA in their day, but never did I know or believe that it would be such a monster hit.
It was criminal how much fun we had on that film. Once you got over the agony of singing and the sheer fear of opening your mouth to sing something like S.O.S., the rest was all gravy. It was just the company of Meryl. Meryl led the way. She was just a joy to behold each and every day in her love of the piece and her own courage getting out there and singing. We became a company. [Director] Phyllida Lloyd was very wise in having us all go to Pinewood Studios each and every day.
That was one of the surprises too. I said yes to this gig. I thought, “Fantastic. This will be great.” Then, of course, I end up going to work on the first day and realise I’m going back to Pinewood Studios. I felt, “Oh Jesus Christ, this could be interesting.” I went through the gates at Pinewood and I prayed they didn’t give me my old dressing room. They said I’d be in the Stanley Kubrick wing instead. “Thank God for that!”, I thought. So they gave me this beautiful dressing room, and I went in and pulled the curtains back and… there was the 007 soundstage right outside. 007 was back all over again.


  CASTELLANO
¿Tuvo usted alguna idea de la enorme  repercusión que tendría Mamma mia?

PB-Ninguna. Ninguna en absoluto. Pensé que iba a encontrar una audiencia, por supuesto - Sabía que tenía una audiencia y un público muy fuerte antes de que me comprometiera. Yo había experimentado el poderío de ABBA en su día, pero nunca imginé que sería un éxito tan monstruoso.

Fue inmenso lo divertido que fué el rodaje   de esa película. Una vez que tienes controlada la dificultad del canto y el  miedo a abrir la boca para cantar algo como SOS, el resto era todo salsa. Fue la empresa de Meryl. Meryl abrió el camino. No era más que una alegría para la vista todos los días con su amor a la música y su propio valor salía y cantaba. Nos convertimos en una empresa.  Phyllida Lloyd  sabia  que todos nosotros iríamos a Pinewood Studios,  cada día.

Esa fue una de las sorpresas también. Le dije que sí a este concierto. Yo pensé: "Fantástico. Este será grande. "Luego, por supuesto,  acudo a trabajar  el primer día y me doy cuenta de que voy a volver a Pinewood Studios. Sentí, "Oh Jesucristo, esto podría ser interesante." Pasé por las puertas en madera de pino y recé  para que no me dieron mi viejo camerino. Me dijeron que estaría en el ala Stanley Kubrick , y pensé. "Gracias a Dios por eso!", . Así que me dieron este hermoso vestuario, y entraron y descorrieron las cortinas y ... allí estaba el estudio de sonido 007 justo fuera. Estaba de vuelta de nuevo con 007



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario